Care Plus Sensitive SALTIDIN is a safe, reliable and tested insect repellent that will protect you against mosquitoes, sand flies, ticks and other biting insects and is of use at home, for travel to Europe or for travel worldwide. SALTIDIN is a strong repellent and one of only two repellents recommended by the World Health Organisation for use in tropical or sub-tropical areas of the world.
SALTIDIN repellents are potentially a good alternative for those who cannot, or choose not, to use DEET - they are more gentle on the skin, have a pleasant feel and an attractive aroma, and have no negative affect on synthetic materials (your spectacles, camera and phone are totally safe).
Care Plus advise that It is extremely important to carry and use an insect repellent in high risk areas. No anti-malarial (or other prophelatic) drug can be 100% effective, and in any case they will not protect you against the pain and irritation of mosquito bites. The safest option is to use insect repellent and a mosquito net in addition to any anti-malarial drug - if you are able to reduce the amount you are bitten you further reduce the chance of any possible infection.
- A strong repellent for those who choose not to use DEET
- Sensitive 20% offers protection for up to 8 hours
- Effective against mosquitoes, ticks, sand flies and other biting insects
- Does not affect synthetic materials
- The roll-on application method provides great control
- Suitable for use in the UK or any destinations worldwide
- Includes extensive instructions for use
- One tube provides enough repellent for 2 - 3 weeks use
Dimensions : 40 x 40 x 120mm
Weight : 95g
Contents : 60ml
How To Use:
For the most effective use of Care Plus SALTIDIN it should be applied sparingly and carefully to all parts of the body not covered by clothing - the repellent should be spread evenly over the skin. Avoid contact with mucous membranes, eyes, nose (nasal passages) and lips - to protect the face from insect bites first apply the repellent to the palm of your hand and use your hand to apply carefully to your face. Care Plus SALTIDIN should not be applied to damaged skin (cuts, scratched or sunburn) and areas where skin folds occur, such as behind the knees or inside the elbows, should either not be treated, or be treated very lightly.
Care Plus SALTIDIN should ideally be applied at least 10 minutes before exposure to direct sunlight, and very importantly, when combined with a sun block the sun block should be applied FIRST and if possible you should wait 30 minutes before application of the repellent. When protection is no longer required all areas of the skin where application took place should be washed.
Like any active chemical there are certain risks and dangers associated with the improper use of SALTIDIN -
- due care should always be taken.
- Can irritate mucous membranes
- Toxic if swallowed
- The use of SALTIDIN when pregnant or breastfeeding is not recommened
- Special precautions should be taken when using SALTIDIN with children (2+ years) - do not apply to parts of the body that could come into contact with their eyes or mouths