Whether you're taking a trip out to hot, exotic places or just heading somewhere local,
we can help you find the protection and comfort to turn a good holiday into a great one.
Be sure to keep an eye out for more great items for fantastic value from our Ebay listings.
Snugpak Ionosphere Tent R.R.P. £179.95
The Ionosphere by Snugpak is a two-pole, one-door compact tent; expertly designed for planned overnight ventures, wild camping and adventure races, where more robust protection from the weather elements is required. A tried and tested favourite of Hill and Moorland Leaders, Mountain Leaders and Military Personnel, the Ionosphere has an impressive floor space, measuring 2.4m long and 0.9m wide, creating ample room for a single person with their equipment; in an emergency, the Ionosphere™ can accommodate two people.
This low profile easily pitched tent packs down small and has a mere trail weight of 1.2kg. Using tried and tested DAC Aluminium Poles, so it doesn't take up valuable space in your pack. Ideal for extended ventures and multiple days use with the Softie Osprey 12 Sleeping Bag.
The perfect one-person tent, the Ionosphere will shelter you from all but the worst inclement weather, with a 5000mm Hydrostatic Head PU Coated Fly sheet, with taped seams and a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, to keep out the bugs in summer months and warmer climates. For wild summer camping, the Ionosphere is the perfect green, allowing you to pitch your tent with minimal environmental impact to the surrounding areas, as well as being able to pitch and adjust should wind direction change, using a two- pole system to form a hooped shelter that keeps condensation build up to a minimum.
Hydrostatic Head (HH) is a waterproof measurement of a Shelter’s material’s coating; most commonly a thin film of polyurethane finish is added to a material to create polyurethane laminate (PUL) referred to as a PU Coating. It is this coating that gives Snugpak Shelters their waterproof & windproof properties.
Need something smaller and lighter? We also stock the Snugpak Stratosphere Tent.
- Windproof - Provides protection from the wind
- Waterproof - 100% waterproof to help keep you dry. All seams are taped sealed.
- Flysheet - 210t Polyester RipStop with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Inner Tent - 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
- One Door - Single entry, No-See-Um Mesh
- Repair Kit - Supplied with a basic kit. Repairs can be made on the move.
- Supplied With - Comes with a set of stakes/pegs.
Front Pole Height - 70cm / 28"
Back Pole Height - 40cm / 16"
- If you happen to be local (or close to) IP33 3TX, Bury St. Edmunds, we'll be happy to have you collect
directly from our store, if you prefer.
- Items are dispatched within one working day of payment.
- Deliveries are insured for the value of the item.
- Economy Delivery services will often leave the parcels in a safe place if you are out when they deliver,
we recommend leaving delivery instructions when you place your order in the case that you are away
when the package arrives.
- For customers in rural areas, we recommend you select postage via Royal Mail, as this can be more
convenient when items are delivered when you are out, due to the more local nature of Post Offices
when compared to courier depots.
- We are happy to accept returns within 30 days of Order. Items should be returned in the condition in
which they were received, complete with tags, in either the original packaging or a subsequent packaging
that provides ensured protection during the returns process.